All students at some point during their time here at Hayle Academy will receive music lessons and get the chance to use the fantastic facilities and equipment available in the Music and Drama Centre. Some students will, of course, go onto to study music through to GCSE and for some it may only be a taster. Under the expert guidance of Mr Taylor (an independent/external music teacher), we are pleased to be able to offer extra-curricular lessons in:
- Piano and/or Keyboard
Please click on the links below to access the application form and also the information letter:
The preferred method of payment is via your School Gateway account but payment by cash or cheque (payable to Truro and Penwith Academy Trust) is acceptable if you do not have an account.
Subsided tuition is available for some students – please refer to the music information letter for full details. Please note that concessions are only available for one instrument per child.
We would ask parents to note the 6-week notice period/cancellation fee detailed on the information letter.
In partnership with Cornwall Music Service Trust (CMST) extra-curricular lessons are available in:
- Brass (Baritone, Cornet, Euphonium French Horn, Tenor, Trombone and Tuba)
- Guitar (Acoustic, Bass, Classical Electric and Ukulele)
- Percussion (Drum kit and Orchestral Tuned Percussion)
- Woodwind (Bassoon, Clarinet, Flute, Oboe, Recorder and Saxophone)
New for the summer 2021 term is the requirement for all parent/carers of students wishing to participate in the above lessons only to sign a parent/learner agreement directly with CMST.
Whilst face to face learning will continue in our music building during the normal school day, the sign-up process is now a ‘direct service agreement’ between the parent/carer and CMST. This means that Hayle Academy will no longer be collecting application forms or the tuition fees.
Parent/Carers can access this process by clicking on the link below and following the user-friendly instructions provided by CMST:
CMST have advised that they will provide assistance for any parent/carer who needs help with the sign-up process. They can be contacted on:
Parent/carers are advised that as with any agreement you should read the terms and conditions on the CMST web site. In particular, please note the 6-week notice period/cancellation fee (similar to the school requirement).
Further Key Information
- All instruments brought into school can be stored in the music block but the school cannot accept any responsibility for them and we would urge that instruments are suitably insured for use outside of the home.
- The school operates Covid 19 safety measures in line with government guidance – more information is provided on the music information letter.
- Instrumental hire is available through Cornwall Music Education Hub – please click on the link below for further information.
- In addition to the instrumental lesson time, the school also provided opportunities for all instrumental and vocal students at no extra cost. We actively encourage all students who learn an instrument to take part!
Hayle Academy is really keen to ensure that any child who wants to has the opportunity to take part in music education. We would to make the sign-up process as easy as possible so, should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the music teacher:
Mrs Stephanie Barry