https://www.hayleacademy.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Kian-Jenkin.jpg 4000 6016 Emma Gager https://www.hayleacademy.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/logo-small-300x75.png Emma Gager2020-10-22 13:32:402020-10-22 13:37:46Meet some new faces at Hayle Academy
Meet some of our new faces here at Hayle Academy. We have our new Music Teacher, Miss Steph Barry. Prior to teaching, Steph spent 8 years serving in the British Army as a trumpeter in both the Coldstream and Scots Guards Bands. Following the Army, she moved to Cornwall with her family to pursue a career in teaching. Steph has had a wonderful time getting to know all about the students this half term and finding out about their musical interests and skills. She said’ Everyone has been so kind and welcoming, and the students have been such a delight to teach’
We also caught up with some of our Year 7s Ollie, Morgana and Kian. They have really enjoyed their time here so far at Hayle Academy and especially making new friends. Morgana couldn’t pick a favorite lesson as she ‘loves them all’. Ollie is really enjoying PE particularly the fitness aspect and thought the bleep test they took part in was great fun, he got to the highest level in his group – well done Ollie! Kian’s favourite subject so far is Maths but most of all he loves the school dinners!!!
https://www.hayleacademy.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/logo-small-300x75.png 0 0 Emma Gager https://www.hayleacademy.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/logo-small-300x75.png Emma Gager2020-10-15 10:11:092020-10-15 10:21:34Careers 4U
/by Emma Gager
At Hayle Academy, students benefit from the expert advice of an independent Careers Advisor. All students in KS4 will have a 1-to-1 meetings every Tuesday with Sharon Harrison from Careers4U and appointments can be made via Miss Wilson when they feel they need additional guidance or support. Students in KS3 can also take up this
opportunity if they have a particular area that they would like to discuss. Students who have specific needs may also meet with advisors from Careers South-West who are able to support them in their Post-16 journey.
Talking to a careers advisor enables students to :
- Have a 1 to 1 Interview or meet as part of a group with similar Post-16 interests
- Share ideas, worries, aims and ambitions
- Get advice about of all of the options available to help make informed decisions
- Help with making decisions to take the next steps.
- Signpost and refer students to other people that can help.
If you would like any further information, please contact Miss Wilson (Careers Lead) at firstname.lastname@example.org
https://www.hayleacademy.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/logo-small-300x75.png 0 0 Emma Gager https://www.hayleacademy.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/logo-small-300x75.png Emma Gager2020-10-13 12:17:082021-02-09 10:53:06Tour Videos and Post 16 Prospectuses
/by Emma Gager
- Truro College FE prospectus 2020
- Penwith College FE prospectus 2021
- The International Baccalaureate diploma is an internationally recognised university entry qualification which is offered in more than 140 countries throughout the world. It is fully recognised by all UK universities. For more information, please go to https://bit.ly/2TtbWN7