At Hayle Academy, students benefit from the expert advice of an independent Careers Advisor. All students in KS4 will have a 1-to-1 meetings every Tuesday with Sharon Harrison from Careers4U and appointments can be made via Miss Wilson when they feel they need additional guidance or support. Students in KS3 can also take up this
opportunity if they have a particular area that they would like to discuss. Students who have specific needs may also meet with advisors from Careers South-West who are able to support them in their Post-16 journey.
Talking to a careers advisor enables students to :
- Have a 1 to 1 Interview or meet as part of a group with similar Post-16 interests
- Share ideas, worries, aims and ambitions
- Get advice about of all of the options available to help make informed decisions
- Help with making decisions to take the next steps.
- Signpost and refer students to other people that can help.
If you would like any further information, please contact Miss Wilson (Careers Lead) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Truro College FE prospectus 2020
- Penwith College FE prospectus 2021
- The International Baccalaureate diploma is an internationally recognised university entry qualification which is offered in more than 140 countries throughout the world. It is fully recognised by all UK universities. For more information, please go to https://bit.ly/2TtbWN7
Careers South West
CSW is an organisation that supports young people as they make important transitions in their lives. We do this through our network of Career Development Consultants who are all qualified career guidance practitioners. We provide targeted support to young people in education which means we have advisers linked to all schools and can provide additional help at key times including exam results days. We continue to provide support as young people take their first steps into the world of work, offering advice and guidance to ensure they are aware of the options open to them and have dedicated advisers who work with those who find themselves NEET (not in education, employment or training).
To find out more, particularly for guidance following Summer 2020 Examination results, click here
This year Cornwall Council and CSW Group will be releasing a series of podcasts/videos. These will be from a wide range of post-16 settings so you can see what the options are when you finish school. This is instead of the live events that took place last year. The podcasts/videos are available from the 7th October. You can watch them all or as many as you like. CSW Group can help with making choices and decision making. Please contact your school and ask to meet with us. Or ring CSW Group on 0800 975 5111 (freephone) and we will contact you to help.
Visit https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/post16event to find out more.